Setup Menus in Admin Panel

Certifications Forums A few drills to help my team sideout better?

A few drills to help my team sideout better?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I am coaching at the college level.  Season is going well, but we are having issues with sideout efficiency. Any drills or thoughts on improving that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are two drills that work on sideout efficiency:

1) 3 before 2 – sideout team must sideout three in a row before serving team gets two in a row. Play to SIX Big Points – so you have to win in each rotation thus you can do it one rotation at a time. You score a Big Point if you get three in a row in a rotation and then flip flop front and back row – here is the sequence I normally use – switch rotation 1 to rotation 4; 5 to 2 and 3 to 6 – always switching front and back row after a Big Point is scored. You also do this by switching a rotation after every successful side-out – more game like you have to get three in a row sideouts in different rotations. Note – You can make it easier by changing it to 2 before 2.

2) six in a row – a) you go 15-20 minutes attempting to get six rotations in a row; b) make it a game sideout team needs to score six in a row before serving team scores 3 in a row.

Regards,

Terry Liskevych

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.